Whether you love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and it’s always nice to do a little something to show your appreciation to loved ones.
In this spirit, I’ve pulled together a small list of gift ideas for your significant other this Valentine’s Day.
Gifts for Women
- Jewelry. You can never go wrong with jewelry. I recommend purchasing something special and somewhat unique. Something that she wouldn’t necessary splurge on for herself. Locally, I’m a huge fan of Joseph’s Jewelers, who has a top-notch staff ready to assist in finding that perfect gift for your special someone. Nationally, Tiffany’s is always a good choice, providing a wide array of choices and price ranges, and of course, their signature packaging never disappoints.
- Spa Gift Card. A spa gift card may seem cliché, but this gift is truly a luxurious indulgence for anyone. Especially for women who are constantly juggling work and/or family priorities, a gift card provides the opportunity to relax in a way — and at a time — that works for them. Locally, I recommend Heartland Skin Wellness Center for amazing facials and skin treatments. Estilo Salon & Day Spa in WDM is another great option. Many spas offer packages and specials, especially this time of year, so make sure you ask about those.
- Diptyque Candle. The “IT” candle of the moment from Paris, a Diptyque candle is sure to please your valentine. I recommend the Roses, Berries or Fig scents; they are simply devine. There is a also a combo of Diptyque’s best selling fragrances that makes an amazing gift.
- Ladurée Paris Macarons. Finally, Paris’ famous macaron shop is shipping to the USA. Ladurée is the definitive French patisserie, and is possibly the most well-known luxury pastry shop in the world. Ladurée has been featured in the New York Times, Vanity Fair, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Washington Post, LA Times, the list goes on and on… Hint: Try the Lavender — it’s amazing.
- A Night Out. Who couldn’t use a night out from time-to-time, especially when it’s to spend time quality time together. This could be dinner and a show; it could be a night at a romantic hotel, but it’s intended to be all about spending time with one another. The Temple Performing Arts Center has some great events scheduled for February, as does Nocé. Pair it with a great dinner at Centro or Lucca for an evening to remember.
- Subscription Service. These services are also quite popular right now. Pick one, based on your SO’s interests, and it’s sure to be a hit. Some suggestions to consider: Plated, Laithwaite’s Wine, Birchbox, or Stitch Fix.
Gifts for Men
- Tumi Alpha 2 Backpack. Backpacks are the new big thing for men for business travel and daily commuting, and they don’t get much better than Tumi. The Tumi T-Pass Business Class Brief Pack is streamlined and designed to meet TSA checkpoint requirements, which means you can go through security without removing your laptop from the case. No surprise, it’s a best seller for business travelers.
- TSA Pre-Check. The next gift idea goes hand-in-hand with the idea above. At $85, and good for five years, TSA Pre-Check pays for itself in convenience almost immediately thanks to the quick, dedicated airport security lanes which allow travelers to keep shoes and jackets on, toiletries in bags and laptops in cases. Here’s a step-by-step guide on signing up and going through the interview/fingerprinting process (which literally takes just a few minutes). Add to the gift by offering to drive him to the interview site.
- Custom Mens’ Shirt. You can’t get much more unique and personalized than custom clothing. Langel & Woods Clothiers has mastered the custom clothing business working for the same man that put Ralph Lauren in business. They’ve clothed a President of the United States, and countless pro athletes and celebrities, and now they can provide custom garments for your significant other.
- New Gadget. With technology constantly evolving, there’s a good chance that there’s something new out that could make your Valentine’s day, week or year. A few great ideas are Bose’s QC35 II headphones, the Omnicharge Omni 20, and the Apple Watch Series 3.
- Personalized Memorabilia. This one can be harder to score, but will definitely make a big impact. Whether its personalized sports gear, autographed books or memorabilia, or something else with sentimental meaning, this is sure to be a hit for Valentine’s Day or any other occasion.
- Game/Event Tickets. Last but certainly not least is the tried-and-true idea of game or event tickets. Again, you have flexibility to get something tailored to your partner’s specific tastes and interests – i.e. concert tickets, tickets to a big game, etc. Good websites to check out include StubHub, SeatGeek and TicketMaster.
Well, friends, that’s it! What are your thoughts on this list? Are there other items you feel should have made it? Let me know what you think of this post by commenting below or sending me an email.
Also see Love is in the Air post for small gift ideas and/or a relaxing night in.
Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.